Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:22:12 +1000
From:      anubis <anubis357@optusnet.com.au>
To:        "Edd Barrett" <freebsd@arameus.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SMBFS VFS.USEROMUNT BUG OR MY STUPIDITY?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:00 pm, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi there. I think i may have discovered a bug in free bsd 5.2-RELEASE, it
> may be in earlier versions too, but I have not tried it (maybe someone
> running 4.x could try it)
>
> I have made an fstab entry and nsmbrc file for a smb share. vfs.usermount
> is set to 1.
> A normal user (me in this case (edd)) can mount a cdrom drive (on a dir
> owned by him):
>
> mount /home/edd/cdrom
> umount /home/edd/cdrom
>
> this returns no errors and proves that vfs.usermount is working for cd9660
> fs.
>
> mount /home/edd/rhome
>
> works fine... but
>
> umount /home/edd/rhome
>
> does NOT work. (permission denied) Is this a bug or am I being dumb?
>
> Thanks!

Let me ask the obvious.  Are you seeing anything in the logs?  You dont happen
to have /home/edd/home as your current directory when you try and dismount?
Have you tried umount -v or umount -f?

I had a similar problem but i cant quite recall how i solved it.  Ill look at
that machine in the next few days and see.