Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 07:24:33 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass), freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

> I'd like to see Brett continue to be a pain in the @#$%^& because
> I feel we've gotten a bit complacent here with the Linux folks.
> I like Linux but I love FreeBSD.

I wouldn't.  Being a pain in the ass doesn't help, just as me calling
you on the phone every day and saying "I don't care about the kids,
Bill, just write the damn book!" would be a pointless pain in the rear
as well.  It wouldn't take you long at all, in fact, to dismiss me as
a pest with a poor grasp of the time constraints people face, at which
point I would simply go "Aha!  Now you know how we feel about Brett!"

Put the shoe on the other foot and think about it a little.  Why
should you be the only person permitted to cite time constraints as an
excuse?  We clearly don't get to do that if you accept the substance
of Brett's arguments, so fair is fair.

- Jordan