Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:01:53 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Sparc64 <sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   After 64bTT, Apache logs have some interesting entries

Howdy folks,

I finally noticed that awstats wasn't working properly and sure enough
it was producing an error:

Update for config "/usr/local/www/cgi-bin/awstats.www.rospa.ca.conf"
With data in log file "/var/log/rospa-prod-access.log"...
Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record...
Direct access after last updated record successfull (after line 125032)
AWStats did not find any valid log lines that match your LogFormat parameter, in the 50th first non commented lines read of your log.
Your log file /var/log/rospa-prod-access.log must have a bad format or LogFormat parameter setup does not match this format.
Your AWStats LogFormat parameter is: 1
This means each line in your web server log file need to have "combined log format" like this:
111.22.33.44 - - [10/Jan/2001:02:14:14 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 1234 "http://www.fromserver.com/from.htm" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE
+5.01; Windows NT 5.0)"
And this is a sample of records AWStats found in your log file (the record number 50 in your log):
218.94.42.221 - - [06/Jun/651184215:17:42:56 -0600] "GET /scripts/nsiislog.dll" 404 0 "-" "-"

The log format problem I'm still working on. But take a closer look at
the date on in the log:  [06/Jun/651184215:17:42:56 -0600]

That ain't right ;-)

Feb 18th was my last log entry with a "normal" date entry. I believe,
though my memory is fuzzy, that that was the date I upgrade to 64bTT.
Note that after upgrade to 64bTT I made sure re-compile every port
(including Apache), just to be safe.

Is anyone else running Apache on 64bTT? How do you logs look?

-T