Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:31:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John <jpapalia@voicenet.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8->3.2 woes

Well, I've tried several things over the past couple of weeks, with the
following results:

make world - the error i mentioned already
make buildworld - same error
make aout-to-elf - the hd cycles for about 1-2 seconds, and there is no
output... just returned to a prompt
make aout-to-elf-build - same as make aout-to-elf

each time I do this, I start out with a reinstall of 2.2.8, cvsup to
3.x-stable, and go from there.

and finally, as of this morning, I tried make upgrade, and get the
following (as always, any help is welcome :) )

merlin# cd /usr/src
merlin# make upgrade
 Installing new boot blocks
 Building an elf kernel for MERLIN using the new tools
config: illegal option -- r
usage: config [-gpn] sysname
make: don't know how to make ../../vm/lock.h. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.