Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2019 20:09:54 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freeBSD.org>
Subject:   Please rename jakarta- to apache-

Hi guys;

I noticed that 25* of the Apache Commons component ports are still using

PKGNAMEPREFIX=jakarta-

This is surely due to historical reasons, however the Apache Software
Foundation stopped using that name a while ago and it's now simply
Apache Commons.

We should fix such occurrences in ports and the links and the
dependencies, not only to follow the Apache naming but because recently
Java EE was passed over to the Eclipse Foundation and with it came a
naming change to Jakarta EE and things can get confusing.

The change requires the cooperation of at least 4 maintainer/committers
(BCC'd), so I'd be glad if people can give a hand.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro.

*
https://www.freshports.org/search.php?stype=name&method=match&query=jakarta&num=30&orderby=category&orderbyupdown=asc&search=Search&format=html&branch=head