Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 13:22:27 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /boot/loader failure

On 2001-May-10 12:23:57 +1000, Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@ALCATEL.COM.AU> wrote:
>After upgrading to -current from last Friday, the boot loader no
>longer works.  It loads, displays the version, memory and then crashes
>back to the SRM

After further digging, I found it was breaking in some FORTH code I
has written to patch my cache timing.  It turns out that the upgrade
to FICL 2.05 has changed `base' from an lvalue to an rvalue , so my
forth code to read the current base "base @" was trying (without much
success) to reference a longword at address 0xA :-(.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Peter