Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:39:19 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   streaming AM/FM radio ports?

Sorry if this is not quite a post for this list.

I am looking for an app that would allow me to listen to
local radio stations. I've looked over the pkg-descr for
some ports that have 'radio' as a keyword but they appear to
need a tuner card, which I don't have. I just want to listen
to streaming radios (through the net).

Basic problem is: I can use (and do use) XMMS or freeamp for
straming mp3 radios. However, some radios broadcast using
realplayer or windows media player formats.

Is there an app that would allow me to listen to radios in any
of these formats? Preferably in the ports collection, of
course :)

In case there is no single tool for the job, what do people
use to listen to radios in other formats?

Thanks in advance,

Fernan

--
F e r n a n   A g u e r o