Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 23:28:57 -0700
From:      David Killick <drk@mda.ca>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Ports: gnat-2.03

I am interested in running GNAT (the GNU Ada Translator) under FreeBSD 2.2.2,
but it appears that your "ports" entry is quite stale ... GNAT is currently
at version 3.09 and the ports entry wants to download version 2.03 which is
no longer available from cs.nyu.edu ... (I have recently purchased Walnut
Creek's CDROMs for FreeBSD 2.2.2 and Ada ... and several others).

Can you please tell me if you will be updating this information shortly, or
alternatively, do you know where I can obtain GNAT binaries for FreeBSD ?
I understand that GNAT's front-end is itself written in Ada and therefore
one requires a version of GNAT to compile it (or newer versions) from the
source code.

BTW - I've already asked ACT (Ada Core Technologies) about GNAT under FreeBSD
and they were most unhelpful ... just cross-compile it was their response!

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David Killick.

Email:	drk@mda.ca