Date:      Fri, 05 Sep 1997 11:20:41 -0700
From:      grady@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: speed setting problem with SB16 on snd970904.tgz

This works!  (after :%s/d->speed/d->play_speed/g)

Things are _almost_ wonderful.  But now that I can hear everything,
I'm noticing there are clicks in the output.  They occur 4 or 5 times
per second.  I hear them both with timidity (playing on dspW) and
catting a file to /dev/audio.  I think they are occurring with
absolutely regularity, although the music makes it hard to hear
sometimes.  When playing on timidity (playing a stero sound file)
I note that the clicks seem to move across the stereo channels (ie.
a given click may appear on either side, or on both).

BTW, when I cat to /dev/audio, I see the message:
    default ioctl snd1 subdev 4 fn 0x402c7413 fail
(although it does play successfully).

	Steven