Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:32:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.3 CD (Sep 30) won't boot

I am using the latest version of the 3.3 image:

-rw-r--r--    1 hensa    hensa    675028992 Sep 30 20:30 3.3-install.cd0

The one that's supposed to fix the booting problem. However, I have an
Adaptec 2940UW, which recognises it as a bootable CD, after the POST
screen, it displays the first character, of the rotating progress:

-

then hangs. The machine can be rebooted with CTRL-ALT-DEL. Win98 and
Redhat 6.1 boot just fine from CD on the same machine. Surely, FreeBSD
should do the same?
Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@ais.salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)