Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 1998 19:15:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cisco + ISDN Backup + Routed(?)

Here's my dilemma... I have a cisco 25xx router, with two T1's coming into
it. However, the telco has been especially crappy lately, causing my T1's to
go down at random times. I purchased a BitSurfr Pro modem, arranged ISDN
dial backup from my uplink, and all looked well, until I went to connect the
BitSurfr to the AUX port on my router.

The silly thing can only go up to 38400 baud, making it too slow for me to
use.

What I'd like to do is put the BitSurfr on one my my fbsd machines, and add
a static route with a higher metric on it at my cisco. (i.e. if the line
goes dead, route packets through one of the server).

Anyone done anything similar before? Also, how to I tell the fbsd machine to
normally use the router, except when the router is trying to use it to
gateway? (rip or something?)

Kevin Day