Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 1995 00:46:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect and Z-Mail for SCO - success!

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > /usr/sysv/bin/echo? :-)
>
> I thought about that, but wouldn't making the default one just
> grok \c be a bit easier?  Or does POSIX disallow that in an echo? :-)

Last time we've been discussing it there were enough purists who
afraid that they will have to echo strings containing bunches of
backslashes every day, so they might be beaten by any special escape
sequence handling... (I sort-of agree, echo is echo and nothing else,
or, to quote Rob Pike: ``Cat came back from Berkeley waving flags.''
:-)

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/