Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 13:22:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        chrismar@peanut.readington.com (Chris Martino)
Cc:        tomdean@ix.netcom.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd Hard Drive

In a previous message, Chris Martino said:
> How about if I were to move the existing dangerously dedicated freebsd
> drive to the 2ndary master slot?? I have a feeling that FreeBSD would
> totally choke if I were to do that...=\

Hmm, I'm not sure. If you did that, you could install win95/FreeBSD
on the new disk with a boot manager, which would point to the original
with F5. It may work. But, it might not. Worth a try. The only other
thing to do is reinstall.

Which, you could actually do by copying the old disk to the FreeBSD
slice of the new disk (with obvious modifications - fstab, bootblock,
etc).

Paul.

--
How do you know when a blonde has been using the computer?
--by the whiteout on the computer screen.