Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:52:25 -0800
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_Gr=F6nvall?= <bg@sics.se>
Cc:        dnelson@allantgroup.com
Subject:   Re: Linux compatible rpc.lockd

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 08:18:12PM +0100, Björn Grönvall wrote:
> I have made a patch to address PR kern/56461, in short the patch
> provides two different options to be compatible with Linux lockd
> implementations. It can also serve as a basis for a future more robust
> rpc.lockd.

Thank you for this. I looked at this around 8 months ago but abandoned
further work on it because the approach I was taking required that
nfs be refactored to use the nmount() API, and because I am not currently
using NFS. It looks as though the two options implemented here helps to
address the problems I was having with making sure Linux servers got
the right lock cookie response.

Have you tested this in production and does it work well? If so I believe
it should be committed, but I'd defer to Alfred for further review.

Regards,
BMS