Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 03:09:30 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        chapman@miller.cs.uwm.edu
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hylafax 3.0

> Date: Sun, 16 Jul 1995 21:32:00 +0200
> From: jkh@violet.berkeley.edu (Jordan K. Hubbard)
> To: jhs@freebsd.org
>
> From: chapman@miller.cs.uwm.edu (Mark Chapman)
> Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
> Subject: Hylafax 3.0
> Date: 16 Jul 1995 16:35:46 GMT
>
> The flexfax software prior to the change over to hylafax used to work
> perfectly on my FreeBSD machine.  Now I am able to receive faxes fine, but
> when I want it to spawn a getty it immediately returns.
>
> Has anyone out here successfully set-up the data-call for hylafax 3.0.0
> with FreeBSD 2.0.5?
>
> Otherwise, is it possible to get a copy of the prior flexfax distribution?

Mark ,

Jordan Hubbard forwarded me this
(as I'm maintainer for the Hylafax port on FreeBSD),

I assume your config is wrong, please compare your old & new config
(you DID save your old config for reference I hope ?)
Let me know the hylafax fix & I'll upgrade the FreeBSD port kit.

> Otherwise, is it possible to get a copy of the prior flexfax distribution?

I never could get flexfax to work.  Flexfax was abandoned as obsolete,
the tar files were not on ftp sites, & it was over a year old.

Sam Leffler (author of flexfax & hylafax) is on list flexfax@sgi.com.

Please pass on to FreeBSD (via me) your solution (hopefully :-) - Thanks

Julian
---
Julian Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  &  jhs@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de