Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 08:12:55 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TGA Console and Alpha perfmon

On 2001-Feb-05 08:47:50 -0500, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> wrote:

>Peter Jeremy writes:
> > In one of the regular "why can't I use a TGA as a console" threads,
> > mention was made that the necessary information to actually write
> > a driver is now available.  Does anyone have a URL?
>
>I beleive it has been available for quite some time:
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dec-docs/index.html#dsc-chip-21030

Thanks for that.  The various search engines I used couldn't manage
to map my query to that URL.

>However, there is already a volunteer working on a TGA driver as we
>speak.

I suspected there might be.  I'd be interested in helping/testing if
he'd like.

[alpha/Perfmon]
>http://www.cs.duke.edu/ari/iprobe.html

Thanks you for that.  It looks like it is quite useful.  Pity it's
GPL'd so it can't go into the main tree (at least the kernel part).

Peter