Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 13:39:46 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        MW <mw74@bigpond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KSCD crashing under FreeBSD 3.1

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 10:56:48PM +1000, MW wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ive just installed FreeBSD 3.1 (RELEASE) from the 4 CDROM set
> I installed the KDE 1.1 package that came with it
> Everything works ok except when i try to run KSCD the window pops up and closes again straight away
> It also gives a core dump
> All the other K applications work
> Ive set the CDROM device to have rw permissions for all users and created a link from the CDROM device (/dev/acd0c) to /dev/cdrom
> Can you please suggest what is wrong

This sounds like the same problem that 1.0 had. The default CDROM
device is /dev/matcd0. It can be changed in the .kscdrc file (I've
rm'd KDE, so I can't give you the syntax). It's a catch-22 because
.kscdrc (in ~/.kde/apps I _think_) is empty until you've run it
once, and you can't run it coz you don't have a device entry.....

You could try ``CDDevice=/dev/acd0c'' in .kscdrc. If that doesn't
work, you could rm /dev/matcd0 and make it a symlink to /dev/acd0c.
That's how I got it working.

HTH