Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:13:38 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>
Cc:        bwoods2@uswest.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adapect AVA-1505/1515

Mikko Tyolajarvi wrote:

> In local.freebsd-questions you write:
>
> >I have an old box with NO pci slots. I have been given an Adaptec
> >AVA-1505/1415 ISA SCSI card. Is this supported in FreeBSD?
>
> A looong time ago I used an AVA1505 to drive my scanner (the card
> actually came with the scanner), using the "aic" driver.  It required
> configuring the card to stop using Plug&Pray, though.
>
> Chances are it will work, but I would not bet on it.

I had to chuckle at your comment. I replaced a 152x with a 2930
because it went to la-la land during boot trying to find the device.
All I had on it was a zip drive and scanners. The zip drive is now to
small for useful purposes and being able to use the scanner meant one
less boot to Win 2000.

>         $.02,
>         /Mikko

You could probably bet more than that :).

Kent

> --
>  Mikko Työläjärvi_______________________________________mikko@rsasecurity.com
>  RSA Security

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

Bomber dropping fire retardant in front of Hanford Wild fire.
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/bomber.jpg