Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:32:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        randyk@ccsales.com (Randy A. Katz)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS Trouble

Randy A. Katz wrote,
> Hello All,
>
> I have a machine (fbsd 2.2.6) which mounts another machine (fbsd 2.2.6) to
> copy a small file over (3MB). It has been working fine for around 8-9
> months. There is an automated script which does the mount/copy.
>
> All at once it stopped being able to mount the other machine. When I try to
> issue the mount command it just hangs and in around 3-5 minutes the whole
> machine freezes up.
>
> Does anyone know why this would happen? I have rebooted both machines and
> checked /etc/exports and all is well and nothing there has changed.

I wonder if this is actually an NFS problem. Can the two machines
connect in other ways over the network? Can A ping B? Can B ping A?
Try mount_nfs with the -R option so it gives up after a few
tries. What error messages are produced? Have non-NFS changes been
made to the machines? To the network?

There is not a lot to go on from what you gave us. "My car used to
run. Now I turn the key and it does not work. What happened? I have
not opened the hood lately or anything!"