Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:35:17 -0600
From:      Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
To:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   install only manpages?

I installed a minimum 2.2.7 from the DOS partition using /FREEBSD
with subdirectories of /bin and /manpages.
When I got done, I had man page directores, but they were all empty.
The MANPATH is set up ok, but there is nothing in ANY directory in
those paths.

I still have all the files in the dos partition.
1. Is it possible to just try again to install JUST the manpages?
   (using what I have or pkg_add or whatever)
2. Is there a log of the install that would explain what went wrong
   with the install the first time?