Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 2015 17:04:47 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why oh why am I getting all thes extras with Postfix

On 9-10-2015 11:22, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 10/09/15 09:49, Willem Jan Withagen (ecoRacks) wrote:
>> Awkward things:
>> - my PHP is already on 5.6
>> - I explicitly try to prevent getting too much X11 stuff, so I definitly
>> don't want X-server and dri
>> - As a free bonus I also get linux_base.
>>
>> This is also the fact that weird things need to be fetched from
>> pkg.freebsd.org, instead of my own poudriere pakages
>
> Does your own poudriere setup build all the packages you need?
>
> In which case, you should disable the stock FreeBSD repo.  Create a file
>
>    /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
>
> containing:
>
> FreeBSD: { enabled: no }

I'd like to use freebsd as alternative for things that I have not (yet)
included in my own packages. Or fro packages that I do not have a
modified config for.

> You also seem to have a repo labelled 'pkg.freebsd.org' -- that
> presumably comes from yet another repo.conf file under
> /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos, which I'm guessing is a duplicate of the
> default FreeBSD repo.  You probably don't need both that and the default
> FreeBSD repo configured, so rename the extra config file to something
> ending in other than .conf
>
> Now, when you check with 'pkg -vv' you should only see your own repo.
>
> If you do want to use a mixture of packages from the main FreeBSD repo
> and your own poudriere, then you need to make sure your own repo is
> higher priority than the FreeBSD one.  Just add 'priority: 1' lines to
> your repo.conf.  The FreeBSD repo is automatically at priority 0.

Ah, the final incantation I was looking for.
Exactly what I need.

> You will also need to be careful with default versions when doing this.
> php-5.6 is the default version in ports now, and it should be that in
> the recently created 2015Q4 branch which is what 10.2-RELEASE defaults
> to using.  Somewhere in your setup you have or used to have a setting
> that says to use php-5.5 as the default.  This means you have packages
> somewhere that have compiled-in dependencies on php55-foo modules, and
> that is what is causing pkg(8) to try and install them.  Find the
> setting -- look in /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/*make.conf and chenge it
> to use php-5.6, and then do a poudriere bulk rebuild of everything (ie.
> with the '-c' flag) to remove anything that references php-5.5 from your
> repo.

That is one of the other problems that is hard to tackle, and probably
only can be circumvented by building all packages locally.

--WjW