Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:40:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   bin/21531: csh/tcsh provide no way to see/adjust new socket buffer limit

>Number:         21531
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       csh/tcsh provide no way to see/adjust new socket buffer limit
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	Shell: /bin/csh or /bin/tcsh

	I see that a new limit has been added on the manpage for setrlimit(2),
	i.e. one for socket buffer space.  Good.  Now all that's needed is
	to make the csh/tcsh `limit' command aware of it, as /usr/bin/limits
	alread seems to be.

>How-To-Repeat:

	csh -c limit

>Fix:

	Use /bin/sh instead or only run programs that do direct calls to
	getrlimit/setrlimit themselves.