Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:23:26 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing 4.8 from a PCMCIA NIC

--=-=-=

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.8 on a machine with no CD-ROM, and only a
PCMCIA NIC (Microsoft (yep) MN-520, Prism 2, works under Linux using the
"prism2_cs" driver).  sysinstall prompts for the PCMCIA bus'es memory
segment and usable IRQs, and I give it the values that Linux was using on
the same hardware.  It probes around and loads the main menu, but no network
interface is listed by ifconfig on the holographic shell.

Do I need to do anything extra to start the card?  Its LEDs light up as
though it's being managed by the system, but I don't know what to do next.
Is there a part of TFM I should be reading?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--