Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:53:44 -0500
From:      Eric van Gyzen <eric@vangyzen.net>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org, "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Tahi "Redirected On-link" Test Case

I am currently working on a fix for kern/152791 (Tahi IPv6 Ready Logo
test case #169: Redirected On-link).  I have a change to add the host
route, and it works for test case 169.  However, the route never gets
removed, so all subsequent test cases fail (because they first verify
that the Node Under Test thinks the destination is off-link).

How/When should I clean up the route?

Each test case runs a common cleanup procedure, which sends a RA with a
Router Lifetime of zero and a Prefix Information option with a Valid
Lifetime and Preferred Lifetime of zero.  This deprecates the NUT's only
global address, by which it reaches the newly-on-link destination.
However, it doesn't seem rational to use this event to trigger a cleanup
of the route.

The only other trigger I can imagine is the transition of the
Destination Cache entry to the Stale state.  That also doesn't make
complete sense.  (It probably also wouldn't work, since in my testing,
test case 170 begins immediately after test case 169 ends.)

I'm assuming a certain amount of familiarity (on your part) with these
tests.  If you'd like, I can explain them in more detail.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Eric