Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:31:00 -0500
From:      Rod Person <rodperson@comcast.net>
Subject:   nvidia driver version 9631

--nextPart2296171.HSdJKrNavl

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the latest nvidia driver on 7 current. This drive=
r=20
is causing a few problem with my system.

1) When I start X either by using the startx command or using a Graphical=20
login manager such as gdm or kdm, I can not switch virtual consoles using=20
ALT+F#. Doing so locks my system.

2) Once X is started, trying to kill X or log out of a window manager using=
=20
any method, such as CTRL + Backspace or the exit function of a Window Manag=
er=20
causes my machine to lock.

In either case, the only thing I can do is hit the power button and reset.

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this or has any suggestions on=20
correcting this behavior. Currently I switched to the nv driver, but that=20
driver does not support the max resolution of my widescreen monitor=20
(1680x1050) only the nvidia driver does.

My graphics card is XFX ndivida 7800 GTX with 256MB Ram. I last rebuilt my=
=20
world on Dec 9th. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks

Rod