Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 21:10:18 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, tlambert@primenet.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to detect different kernel code (select or poll)

> integrated at some point.  Really, I don't see why the 2.2 code could
> not go into the 2.2 tree right now.

for this particular piece, because we are in code freeze. But in many
other cases, it might just be because this "2.2 code" is an optional
replacement for some piece of the system (e.g. a new scheduler, or a
different TCP/IP implementation...)

> My other point was that, whatever you do, you will have to rip out
> later if you intend to integrate the code into FreeBSD: it makes no

yes but at that point this will not be a problem.

	Cheers
	Luigi