Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 1999 09:02:40 -0500
From:      Kenneth Legg <sce04020@mail.wvnet.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modems

    I've been using Freebsd for about a month and find that I like it
very much.
The problem I'm having is that my Freebsd system it not setup for
Internet connectivity, so when I need to look for information or sent
email I have to switch drives and use win95 (I
use drive bay switching to run win95 and Freebsd).
    I have been reading the Freebsd book to learn how connect to the
Internet, but there seems to be very little on how to install the modem.

I read in a linux how-to that win modems will not work with unix system,

is this true? I have a 33.6 us robotics win modem, if this modem will
not work what modem should I buy and where can I find information on
installing it? Can I use the linux how-to doc on modem installation for
Freebsd. Does freebsd use drivers for modems and other cards like
windows does? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Kenny