Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:54:07 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Magnus_Carlebj=F6rk?= <magnus@carlebjork.se>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HighPoint RocketRAID 1820 Driver

Magnus Carlebj=F6rk wrote:
> Hi. Are there any plans to import the source code for the highpoint 182=
0?
>=20
> http://www.highpoint-tech.com/BIOS%20%2B%20Driver/rr1820/FreeBSD/rr182x=
-bsd-openbuild-v101.tgz=20
>=20
>=20
> Quoting from the readme.txt in the driver source:
>=20
> "THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF THIS FREE SOURCE CODE"
>=20
> Wouldn't it be nice to have a native driver?

Well it would be if it had source code with it. All the interesting bits =

are in a binary .o file.

That said, I'm close to finishing support for the Marvell chip used in=20
that controller as part of the ATA driver, so native support will happen =

when I get time to get it finished and out the door :)

-S=F8ren