Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2014 08:48:08 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel 7620AC?

It's a linux driver, so you have to port the linux interface-y bits
too and whatever else is missing.

You also have to be careful that you don't fall afoul of any RCU style
patents. One of the many reasons why mac80211 from linux hasn't been
ported over is that it contains RCU code.

I have a very basic probe/attach working. My next task is implementing
their "transaction" layer that speaks to various busses (although the
only thing they currently ship in Linux is PCIe.) I'm kind of hoping
that once I've implemented that, porting the rest of the driver won't
be so terrible-sounding.

-a

On 17 June 2014 08:43, Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net> wrote:
> Are there likely to be any issues that you know of?  I'm rather busy, but I'd be willing to try porting the driver myself.
>
>> On Jun 17, 2014, at 11:22 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm tinkering with the 7260, but I currently have no plans to actively
>> port the driver.
>>
>> Sorry,
>>

>> -a
>>

>>> On 17 June 2014 07:04, Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I recently purchased a new laptop, which came with an Intel 7260AC card,
>>> which doesn't seem to be supported on FreeBSD.  I thought I might replace it
>>> with a supported card, like an Atheros, but the device seems to be a
>>> different form-factor than micro-PCIe (NGFF M.2, I think is what it's
>>> called).
>>>
>>> Cursory googling seems to indicate that there's a linux driver.  Are there
>>> any plans to port it?
>>>
>>> Or as an alternative, are there any supported cards that use the M.2
>>> interface?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Eric