Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:44:53 -0400
From:      Dan Swartzendruber <dswartz@druber.com>
To:        "Jaime Bozza" <wheelman@nuc.net>
Cc:        "Willow" <willow@tds.edu>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Livingston Radius & FreeBSD 2.2.7

At 12:37 PM 10/12/98 -0500, Jaime Bozza wrote:
>> Hey there, has anyone here gotten Livingstons Radius (2.0.1) to work with
>> FreeBSD and would like to assist me?  We just got a PM25 for our
>> staff and
>> students to use for remote access.
>
>We're running Livingston's RADIUS under FreeBSD just fine.  What are the
>problems you're having?  Are you trying to compile from source or use one
>of the precompiled binaries?

I used it out of the ports directory and had nothing but trouble.  It
would authenticate fine, but after a certain amount of time, the daemon
would core out.  No useful stack trace, leading me to suspect stack
corruption.  Seemed related to error conditions.  I finally gave up and
went with the cistron radiusd.