Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:18:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SGI releases XFS under GPL

Can you please explain the difference in XFS and softupdates and why soft
updates would be more desireable than a journaling file system.  I
understand what XFS is but based on your comments I get the feeling that
I have the wrong impression of what softupdates is and how it
performs.  I know there are papers on the subject(s).  Any one got a link?

JRS