Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:34:09 -0000
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'rneswold@mcs.net'" <rneswold@mcs.net>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FTP install with 3.1-RELEASE hangs

Hi Rich,

I'm glad I'm not the only one then! Maybe it's to do with the amount of RAM.
I only have 8MB in the machine I'm installing on. I know that the
3.1-RELEASE kernel is bigger, and that no swap file is used during install.
I always thought that the system would completely crash if memory ran out,
but sysinstall doesn't really crash, it just stops.

Does anyone know how much RAM 3.1-RELEASE requires for install?

Cheers,
Jeff