Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:26:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Schoonover <jason_jks@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   large filesystem, journaling filesystem support

Hi guys,

Not quite sure where to send this to, so I'll send it
here, to the filesystem mailing list.

I have two questions really regarding an NFS server
with a large filesystem.  Right now I'm using FreeBSD
4.7-RELEASE as an NFS server.  I used the ccd tool to
create a software RAID, but need more disk space, so I
 ordered a hardware RAID unit that will have about 1TB
for disk storage.

My question is, are there any file systems that
freebsd supports that is stable and can support over a
TB of data?  Also, I'm wondering if there are any
journaling filesystems out there for FreeBSD.  I know
Linux has a few, and I'm wondering if freebsd will
support any of those (ReiserFS, ext3, or JFS)?  I
don't want to switch to Linux because NFS under linux
doesn't seem to be near as good as it is with FreeBSD.
 And if it wasn't a journaling file systems, seems
that, in the event of a crash that fscking it would
take forever.

Thanks,
Jason