Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 21:02:14 -0400
From:      kriston@ibm.net (Kriston J. Rehberg)
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

Well, I'm a web developer, and I'm fairly impressed by the current
freebsd.org.  Of course, it could be made more impressive to Johnny
Corporate.  If it makes you feel better, freebsd.org is not as
horribly presented as openbsd.org, which looks like a throw-away
student web page compared to almost anything else.

But back to freebsd.org.  There isn't much advocacy there.  The search
engine is atrocious; the way it follows threads is by searching on
Message-ID and it just doesn't seem to work.  The selection of the
search criteria, as well as whether to search mailing lists or
manuals, is just too darn chatty and prone to user errors (like,
"Wait, I didn't search the mailing list, what's going on?").

Just my opinion.  You can tear apart my web site if you feel like you
have to.

Kris

--
Kriston J. Rehberg