Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Aaron J. Angel" <aja@haknich.dhis.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /stand/sysinstall - Installing the Ports Dist.

Hi,

Whenever I install the ports distribution, I get the same results no matter what time of day:  the download proceeds fine, but after exactly 245760 bytes, the download drops from speeds around 220KB per second, to around 10KB per second.  I'm almost certain this isn't due to my connection, because I can download a tarball of the ports directory from any ftp site fine.

Do you have any idea what might be causing the slowdown at the same position every time?  Thanks for any help.

--
Aaron J. Angel
M/HN Administator