Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 14:29:31 -0500
From:      Andy Sloane <andy@guildsoftware.com>
To:        Torbjorn Kristoffersen <sgt@netcom.no>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new syscons screensaver

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 08:42:01PM +0200, Torbjorn Kristoffersen wrote:
> What about implementing some code from green_saver into his saver to
> enable DPMS support? And have a sysctl value to set the delay after the
> green saver will begin :) Maybe there's a better way, to let his
> beastie_saver.ko load green_saver.ko (and possibly unload itself) after a
> specified delay?

Actually, looking at the code, it would be very easy to do so.  The only
issue is how does one set the delay...  sysctl would work, I suppose, and
one could introduce a general sysctl variable for screensaver standby mode
timeout or something, and then all the other screensavers could be updated.

Or it could be handled by the underlying screensaver driver, which seems to
make more sense to me, although I don't know much about it.  (i.e. after
the timeout expires, stop calling the scrn_saver_t "saver" function and
perform a blank_display(V_DISPLAY_STAND_BY)...)

-Andy