Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 08:29:04 -0800
From:      "Lytle, Robert TQO" <rlytle@tqs.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dec 11 cvsup gives system that wont start ipf

After cvsup'ing last night, and build, install, world, merging /etc, I found
that at bootup that ipf was not starting.  The error message was very
difficult to see but it looked like somewhere
"fopen" was not able to open ipf.  So as a quick fix I put my "ipf -Fa -f
/etc/ipf.rules" into
rc.local.  Has anyone else seen this, or have a better fix?  I looked at
/etc/defaults/rc.conf and did not see any new change in syntax of the ipf
related lines.   Thanks,   Rob.