Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:39:58 -0500
From:      Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net>
To:        Jim Pazarena <paz@ccstores.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet access restrictions

On Fri 26 Mar 1999 at 17:15:13, Jim Pazarena muttered:
> I am setting up my first FreeBSD box, and find that I can't telnet in
> as root but I can as a regular user.
>
> I can't find where root is blocked from access. Please help.

If you really want to enable root telnet (not recommended), then
add 'secure' to the network terminals in /etc/ttys

--
 Soren Harward <soren@cinternet.net> | Windows DOES come with a tool
 http://www.soren.cinternet.net/     | to restore a corrupt Registry.