Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 1997 22:53:00 -0700
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        toj@gorilla.net
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ACM pilot error

Tom Jackson wrote:

> >From day 1 using fbsd I have never been able to get acm to work. It always says
> 'unknown host: myname.my.domain'. Hostname replies with myname.my.domain.
>
> I stumbled into a crazy way to make it work that may be indicative of my setup
> mistake/problem. If I edit /etc/hosts and change the 127.0.0.1 entry from
> localhost to myname.my.domain, then acm works great. Of course, I cannot leave
> it set this way. Does anyone have a clue, I'm afraid I'm clueless |-O.

I had the same problem with it but I don't remember exactly how I got ir
fixed.

Try this:

1) I didn't use that trick, I fixed it setting the DISPLAY variable
csh
setenv DISPLAY localhost:0

2) add myname.my.domain as an alias to your local name in your address
(not your loopback).
something like:
	A.B.C.x gorila	gorila.net	myname.my.domain
either of this should do the trick, but I doubt they the correct
solution.

Pedro.