Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:59:09 -0700
From:      Henrik W Lund <henrik.w.lund@broadpark.no>
To:        Ara@Avvali.COM
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: resize and backup partitions?

Ara@Avvali.COM wrote:

>Hi
>does anybody know if there is a program like symantec ghost so i can
>back up and duplicate ufs file system disks and slices for recovery and
>easy duplicating?? I looked at recuse CD  but it says ufs is still in
>test
>also is there any program for resizing slices and partition ? i looked
>on ports but found nothing
>thank you for help

Greetings!

For backups and duplicates, check out dump(8) and restore(8).
Partition/slice resizing is the specialty of fdisk(8) and disklabel(8).

But please, read the documentation before jumping into it, especially
with the partitioning. You can really mess up a disk with those. At the
very least, back up all your files (which you implied you were going to
do, but I'll mention it anyways).

Hope this helps!
-Henrik W Lund