Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 14:47:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        spcoltri@omcl.org
Subject:   Re: Frankenstein Port:  /usr/ports/www/jakarat-tomcat

In article <200105211943.f4LJhVU56491@hrothgar.omcl.org>,
Steve Coltrin  <spcoltri@omcl.org> wrote:
> (cvsup barfing on ports/www/jakarta-tomcat:)
>
> I fixed the problem on my system by editing out all references to
> jakarta-tomcat in /usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:. (period included).
> Now I can cvsup repeatedly without problems.

You're hired! :-)  This is the best work-around, I think.  Here's
what I'm recommending:

1. Delete the "jakarta-tomcat' directory from your ports tree with
"rm -rf".

2. Find your checkouts file.  It is named
"/usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:." if you are using the example
"ports-supfile" from "/usr/share/examples/cvsup".  Or substitute
your actual collection name for "ports-all" if you're doing things
differently.  Edit this file and delete all lines containing
"jakarta-tomcat".

3. Run cvsup in the usual way, but without the "-s" option.

John