Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:26:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        up@3.am
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't see DLT4000

> > Don't mix differential with single ended. It's an electrical thing- it's very
> > bad to mix the two- you run the risk of damaging the SE components.
>
> ok...but what if they're on a separate SCSI bus?  I have the hard drives
> on channel A (LVD ultra everything) and the tape drive *alone* on channel
> B.  Does that make a difference?

Yes- normally that'd be the case if the second bus was indeed high voltage
differential.

*I* was confused by this too when I first got an LVD controller- I don't know
of any that support low-voltage differential, single-ended *AND* high voltage
differential- as far as I know, and maybe Ken/Justin will correct me on this,
the LVD controllers we know of support SE/LowVoltageDiff- this does not
include your DLT4000.