Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:06:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        iedowse@maths.tcd.ie
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to fix/shorten "wi" freezes

In message: <200210271800.aa11251@salmon.maths.tcd.ie>
            Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie> writes:
: The wi driver causes quite long system freezes both when the pccard
: is removed, and also if the hardware becomes confused. I've found
: on -current that sometimes the whole machine can become unresponsive
: for a period of minutes with messages such as:

For the removal, it would be better to use the bus_child_present() api
for the eject case.  For the hardware becomes confused case, setting
gone means that nothing further will happen with the card.  However,
the other parts of this patch seem relatively reasonable to me.

Warner