Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 08:35:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vlad Markov <bdqjl43@server4.bell-atl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netscape 3.0 & java

Anybody out there have netscape 3.0 and java working on a machine with
freeBSD2.1.5R and netscape3.0?

I did at one time but now its broken ( maybe hacking around at midnite has its
drawbacks?). I got netscape off of ftp7.netscape.com for the unknown bsdi. I
put java_30 in every one of the directories in the README documentation. I
tried setting classpath to almost every place I stuck java3_0. Still no go.

Netscape will carve out the area of the page where the java applet should run
but it is empty. When I try an application with "start" or "stop". The java
console says it can't load the appletviewer.

After successfully running netscape3.0 with java I downloaded kaffe and the
jdk1.02 distribution from packages and ports. Could this be the source of my
problems? After that nothing seems to make netscape 3.0 run java.

Anybody have any ideas?

TIA,
Vlad