Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 1995 11:38:01 +0100
From:      Stephane Boyera <Stephane.Boyera@sophia.inria.fr>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        daniel.terrer@hanshan.inria.fr
Subject:   installation problem....

I hope someone will be able to help me...
i've already installed many many times the 1.1.5.1 binary distribution on many
different hardware. I've never find any problem... However, today is different  !
i've decided to install the 1.1.5.1 distribution on a new station and i don't
succeed : everything was cool until the first hard disk boot : no problem,
everything is found by the kernel, i got no warning, the kernel is copied to the
hd (wd0a) without any problem, then the machine is halted. I removed all disks,
and then reboot... and i got a "no operating system" message at the boot time...
the machine is a DECPC 325 from digital.
Processor : 386 sx 25
Memory : 8 mo
Disks : seagate 204 mo with a dos partition (80 mo).

i've tried 3 different binary distributions : the 1.1, 1.1.5, and 1.1.5.1
always the same result !

does anybody know this problem ?

thanks in advance

Steph.

--
BOYERA Stephane                            boyera@sophia.inria.fr
INRIA/Acacia Sophia-Antipolis		   +33 93 65 77 68,