Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:49:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/34263: auto{conf,make,header} problem with lyx-1.1.6.4

>Number:         34263
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       auto{conf,make,header} problem with lyx-1.1.6.4
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD poison.ncptiddische.net 4.5-RC FreeBSD 4.5-RC #0: Fri Jan 25 10:29:11 CET 2002 root@poison.ncptiddische.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/POISON i386

I just updated my lyx install to the latest 1.1.6.4 version. However, I
noticed a problem: lyx seems to suffer from the auto{conf,make,header}
problem that some other ports are already working around.

Basically, I have installed the following: automake, autoconf, automake14,
autoconf213. Now, lyx seems to require automake14 and autoconf213. What it
seems to use when it build, however, seem to be the newer versions, and
thus it fails at one step where it calls autoheader and intends to run
autoheader213, but in reality the latest version of autoheader gets run.

>How-To-Repeat:

On a machine that has installed the above mentioned versions of
automake/conf, try building lyx.

>Fix:

I could work around the problem by doing a dirty hack, just like this:

mkdir /usr/ports/lyx/work/oldconf
ln -s /usr/local/bin/automake14 /usr/ports/print/lyx/work/oldconf/automake
ln -s /usr/local/bin/autoconf213 /usr/ports/print/lyx/work/oldconf/autoconf
ln -s /usr/local/bin/autoheader213 /usr/ports/print/lyx/work/oldconf/autoheader
setenv PATH /usr/ports/print/lyx/work/oldconf:$PATH

That makes sure that the appropriate versions of auto{make,conf,header} get
run and thus fixes the problem...