Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:00:33 +0000
From:      David Banning <tracker@worldy.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   termcap works - but not in X

I have a RDBMS that I have brought over from SCO.
It works fine in normal unix non-X-mode (<-how to you say that?)
but when I run in in X, the function keys do not work.

I know that the term entries are different - (cons26 vs xterm)
but my RDBMS program still wants to see the ^[OP as F1.
The f1 key puts out ^[OP whether in or out of X.
So why would it not work in X but does out of X?

I even tried redefining TERM as ansi (that's what worked best
for me in the non-X environment) - no go.

Any one have an idea?  - Thanks