Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 1995 13:43:32 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   getgrent() and spaces..

I had someone stick me in their wheel group recently and was surprised
when I still didn't appear in wheel.  Further investigation revealed
that they'd stuck me in as:

	wheel:*:john,paul,george,ringo, jkh

See that space?  Well, that was enough to nip the group search in the
bud.

My question is, before I perhaps dive and try to fix it, is if it's a
feature or a bug?  Whitespace sensitivity is generally not a good
thing in configuration files, but there are limits to what one should
go through in order to deal with it, yes?

					Jordan