Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 1999 09:22:20 -0600
From:      Eric Patterson <eric@rdbewss.redstone.army.mil>
To:        'ray opera' <bupi@rocketmail.com>, trout2@advancenet.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: about printer

I have seen some questions about this.  I found a site yesterday that =
will allow one to use a HP 710, 720, 820, and 1000 series with Linux.  =
According to the site, the program is designed to work directly with =
ghostscript.  Perhaps if the program will run with Linux emulation on =
FreeBSD then these printers will work with FreeBSD?  I don't know.  I =
don't have one of those printers, so I haven't and can't try to make it =
work.  Maybe someone else could?

Anyhow, the site is http://www.rpi.edu/~normat/technical/ppa/index.html

Eric Patterson
System/Network Administrator
Quality Research, Inc.

thanx
how to judge my printer is winprinter or not=20

>=20
> make sure your printer is not a winprinter.
> i have a very nice hp color deskjet, beautiful
output.