Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2015 20:54:06 -0700
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPi won't boot 10.2-BETA1 -- SOLVED

Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org> writes:

> I just tried to boot 10.2-BETA1 from a SD card, but it gives me a few
> lines of messages, including 'unrecognized filesystem type'.  I have
> been running Linux on it and had run FreeBSD 10-STABLE from back in
> January, so the Pi is running.
>
> I programmed the card from Linux using dd, and had already verified the
> checksum.  I verified that the FAT and UFS partitions appear valid on
> the card, so I must be overlooking something.  The following are the
> messages on the screen when the system halted:
>
> In:     serial
> Out:    lcd
> Err:    lcd
> mbox: Timeout waiting for response
> bcm2835: Could not set USB power state
> Net:    Net Initialization Skipped
> No ethernet found.
> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> Booting from: mmc 0 ubldr
> ** Unrecognized filesystem type **
> U-Boot>

I bought a new microSDHC card and that card works.  The new one is a
16GB SanDisk Ultra PLUS UHS-1 card in case anybody is keeping track.  I
had tried two different Class 4 cards that didn't work, so maybe the
faster speed is necessary now, or maybe it is picky about brands.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org